WHAT WE DO
The ZMI Foundation Summer Camp is designed to provide a safe and educational environment for children during the summer months when they are most vulnerable to misguided behavior due to limited structure of their daily routines. We help enhance students’ opportunity for success in the upcoming school year by continuing their learning via a number of camp activities.
HOW WE DO IT
The camp operates Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., focusing on discipline, self-esteem and character building. Our key offerings are Martial Arts, The Science Club, Math and Chess Clubs, and our Conflict Resolution and Anger Management Classes. Our children will be exposed to a variety of activities and events that include but are not limited to:
• Performing Arts
• Active Listening
• Field Trips
• Science Expo
• Promotional Exam
• End of Camp Show
The Science Club is designed to spark the interest of our youth in science and related fields by using hands-on experiments along with relevant trips.
• Science responds to children’s need to learn about the world around them. Disruptive behavior diminishes as children become engaged in exploration. Conversation and cooperation increase as children talk with one another about their predictions, observations, and questions.
• Open-ended science activities involve children at a wide range of developmental levels.
• The scientific approach of “trial and error” welcomes error—interprets it as valuable information, not as failure.
• Science connects easily to other areas, including center-based play, math, artistic expression, and social studies.
Math and Chess Clubs are designed to create critical thinkers and sharpen problem-solving skills.
• Keeping the children sharp with the basic, age appropriate skills needed to excel at mathematics.
• Learning the multiplication tables, decimals, multiple number multiplications, division, addition and subtraction and an introduction to algebra.
• Chess develops logical thinking. Chess requires understanding of logical strategy.
• Chess inspires self-motivation. It encourages the search of the best move, the best plan, and the most beautiful continuation out of the endless possibilities. It encourages the everlasting aim towards progress.
• Chess teaches independence. You are encouraged to make important decisions influenced only by your own judgment.
Conflict Resolution and Anger Management classes are geared to help the children develop interpersonal skills, communicate more effectively with each other, tolerate others when necessary, and increase their awareness of what makes them angry and how to manage their anger. With an increased availability to view violence through video games, music videos and the Internet, it is important that the messages they receive (although seemingly innocent) are balanced with doctrines of right and wrong.
*We are licensed by Department of
Mental Health and Hygiene.
+ Educatioinal Enrichment
+ Outdoor Sports
+ Park Visits
+ Free Breakfast and Lunch
+ Basketball Courts
+ Conflict Resolution
+ Anger Management